The Fool’s Gold x AIAIAI LABEL/ED is in many ways a match made in heaven. A-Trak and Nick Catchdubs’ label has gone from strength to strength at a time when most indie labels were happy just to make ends meet. It’s a success story that was made possible by an endless succession of beat-driven, quality releases not to mention graphic artist Dust la Rock’s inimitable brand of eye-catching cover art. Fool’s gold are a banging mix of hip hop and electronic music. While also being the whole package, the real deal and everything in-between. And they’re sort of AIAIAI’s brothers from other mothers when it comes to the general way of doing things. Hence, when the Brooklyn innovators came knocking on the AIAIAI door, they were more than happy to set the potent brand hook up in motion. It made perfect sense as they were big fans of the label and A-Trak was a member of the original batch of TMA-1 testers. The select few DJs who were an integral part of testing and developing the TMA-1 design and its features.
So, to cut a long story short (like Spandau Ballet once said), the TMA-1 has left home base for its first label orbit where exposure to the bright light from a golden planet called Fool’s Gold has altered its appearance. The design has been tweaked and tailored to give it a striking Fool’s gold finish while retaining the original TMA-1 shapes and contours. And the addition of fresh, new Fool’s Gold features, such as the angled stereo plug and the cable lock, has lent the headphones that special Fool’s Gold magic for an enhanced DJ experience. Limited to 2000 pairs worldwide, this could very well be a sought after collectors item.
AIAIAI co-founder, Jacob Moesgaard: ‘Hooking up with the Fool’s Gold crew happened organically… A-Trak was one of our TMA-1 testers, and we already had a dialogue going. It was basically a matter of who made the first move. Hawaii Mike from Fool’s Gold did – and the outcome is an interesting hybrid headphone with great new features.’
New Technical Features In This Limited Edition Includes
- Angled stereo plug – this makes it harder to accidentally pull the plug from the mixer, and is less intrusive, when you are beat-mixing.
- Cable lock – you can now choose to lock the cable to the TMA-1, to make sure it doesn’t get pulled out while playing.
- Embossed Fool’s Gold logo on cup
- Fool’s Gold trademark yellow cable and chords
- Embossed AIAIAI & Fool’s Gold Label/ED logo on inside headband
The Box Contains
- 2 sets of earpads
- a carrying pouch
- a booklet
- a 6.3 mm stereo plug converter
- 2 interchagable cable types;
- 1,5 m detachable coiled cable
- 1,5 m detachable straight cable with 3-button microphone
AVAILABLE THROUGH WAX MUSEUM RECORDS. AND OTHER GOOD OUTLETS.